.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 

Dreary DC Day -- Wish I Could Go Riding

I guess it's a good thing I'll be busy at work today, and the weather is dark and dreary -- cloudy, scattered showers all day -- 'cause I sure would like to take off and go riding today. I should call in sick. Nah! Better not.

I ride a Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic -- a big, comfortable bike meant for long rides. I have made good friends among my Harley riding buddies, and have enjoyed short and long rides, by myself and with others.

This past weekend I rode with five people I have never ridden with before, and had a great ride through northern Virginia's horse country and Skyline Drive.

On the 25th, I am leaving for a 12-day road trip. I can't wait. First, we'll ride to Chattanooga for the National Harley Owners Group Rally, then to Mississippi to spend time with the family, then to Knoxville for the Tennessee Vols' home opener, and then back to DC. It will be a 2,500 mile round trip.

Although DC is in many ways a small Southern town, getting back to my roots in the deep south will be good for me. And doing it on a Harley will be lots of fun. I'll be on the interstate much of the way, but I will take backroads whenever I can. Twisty two-lane blacktops are great for clearing your mind.

There are millions of reasons to ride. Ask any rider.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter
Google