.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, August 13, 2005

 

Life in DC. . . . and Elsewhere

I enjoy life inside the beltway in Washington, DC.

Washington is really a small town. It's a company town -- and the government is the company. Most people who work here either work for the government or somehow interact with the government or government employees -- as a lobbyist like myself, or as a vendor, lawyer, dentist, reporter or in countless other ways.

"Inside the beltway" often is used to create an image of elitists -- and many inside the beltway are. Or used to minimize an issue -- such as saying only those inside the beltway care -- implying that most people don't.

With this blog, I plan to write about things that might be of interest to my fellow lobbyists and others in government-related jobs inside the beltway.

But I also plan to write about life outside our jobs. My outside life revolves around motorcycles.

I won't be writing about my company -- or even naming them. I assume no one reading this will really care who I work for.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter
Google