.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, October 03, 2005

 

Why Did the Administration Wait a Week to Mention Biohazards on the Capitol Mall?

This past Friday, the Administration announced the capitol mall biohazard sensors had detected tularemia in the air over a week ago.

Anyone in lobbying and public relations knows if you want to minimize news coverage of a story, you release it to the media late on a Friday.

Were the Bushies afraid of more bad publicity about their failures?

Were you sick last week? I was. I work near the mall, and travel regularly to and from Capitol Hill. I had the symtoms tularemia produces -- fever, chills, joint pain, headache. My neighbor, who also works near the capitol mall, had the same symptoms at the exact same time.

I trust the tularemia was not the result of terrorist activity. But I have no confidence in Bush's ability to respond, especially while they are operating in damage control mode trying to improve Bush's image and recover from the lowest approval ratings ever.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter
Google