.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 18, 2005

 

Abramoff Continues to Give Lobbyists a Bad Name

Not many lobbyists inside the Beltway are as pure as the driven snow, but I have never heard of anybody like Jack Abramoff. More stuff seems to come out about him every day. Yesterday's Senate hearing revealed more shady dealings with the Department of the Interior and the seedy intersection of money and politics.

I'm sure some elected officials tie favors to campaign contributions, especially if a non-constituent is asking for the favor. But I have to believe Abramoff is an extreme case.

I, like the vast majority of lobbyists, I believe, work to establish good relationships with Members of Congress based on substantive issues, not on money. Unfortunately, the things coming out about Abramoff give ammunition to those who think we all are sleezy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter
Google