.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

 

No Republican Junk in Asia

I am sitting in a high rise office building overlooking a very scenic and very busy Asian harbor. Lots of modern ships, but also lots of small Chinese junks, some of which seem barely seaworthy.

I love Asia. It's very busy, which is stimulating, but it also is very calm. My Buddha nature seems to come through better in Asia.

Asia has politics, of course, but it does not have the thuggish tactics of Tom DeLay, Karl Rove and their ilk inside the Beltway. Politics in Asia is often emotional, but people fight it out and then move on. They don't brood about how they are going to pay back their enemies.

I love Asia. I miss my family and friends, but I don't miss my daily dose of Republican junk. Sometimes life is better outside the Beltway.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter
Google