.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 09, 2005

 

Way Outside the Beltway For The Week

I haven't traveled outside the United States in some six years now, but I am leaving tomorrow for a week in Asia.

I used to travel there on business regularly, but I have been inside the Beltway for quite a while now. I am looking forward to the trip.

In the meantime, I guess the Republicans who control all branches of the U.S. government will continue to point at others, huff and puff, and generally get little done. The Senate will be back in town Tuesday, but both bodies plan to leave before the end of the week. They want to pass more tax cuts for the wealthy, but are badly losing the battle of public opinion with that move.

I'll still get the news on what is happening inside the Beltway, but I really don't think I'll miss not being here. (Of course I will miss my family and friends, but not the Congressional and Administration junk.)

They do have Internet connections where I am going, so if I get the chance to post anything interesting, I will. But otherwise, I'll catch up when I get back inside the Beltway.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter
Google