.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, March 24, 2006

 

I Am So Tired of Corruption; It's Hard to Stay Optimistic

I'm a generally optimistic person. Yes, I wear black -- but it's black leather when I'm riding the Harley.

But I am getting so tired of all the corruption I see. I am tired of Congress. And I am very tired of the Bush family.

The latest in the long list of Bush family corruption is the story out of Houston that mother Barbara Bush donated money to the Bush-Clinton Katrina Fund, set up to help victims of the hurricanes, but she required that the money be spent only on products sold by her son Neil's education software company.

Remember, Neil is the other dopey Bush son who relied on the kindness of others to succeed in business. He was a director of Silverado Savings and Loan when it collapsed in scandal.

I hope the IRS will look at Barbara Bush's "contribution," although I doubt they will touch it. There is just something fundamentally wrong with making a charitable contribution, and deducting it on your income tax return, but requiring that the money be spent to benefit your son.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter
Google