.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 26, 2006

 

Allman Brothers Band Had Great Show Last Night

Despite the pouring rain, the Allman Brothers Band put on a great show last night at the Nissan Pavilion in Northern Virginia just outside Washington, DC.

Showing my age, I will tell you that I first saw the Allman Brothers shortly after they started performing in 1969. I have seen them several times over the years, and consider myself to be a big fan.

Last night's show mixed some classics from the early years with some relatively recent tunes and some new things they have never performed before.

Of course we had some 20-year-old drunks who didn't care about the Allman Brothers but thought it was cool to be drunk at a concert. Plus, the rain fell throughout the show. But we had a great time. As for the rain, we were under the Pavilion, but when the wind blew, in came the rain. It even reached the stage, but fortunately didn't interrupt the show.

The music was great, and it was fun to watch the old-timers re-living their youth dancing in the aisles. I didn't dance, but I sure couldn't sit still.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter
Google